What You Will Learn...
Fast Track Your Farming’ Mini-Course Series
Rob Fenton is based at the National Environment Centre (NEC), a specialist campus of the Riverina Institute of TAFE, Albury where he is the head teacher of a diploma offered by the TAFE.
The NEC is a unique educational facility set on a 182 hectare organic farm which Rob has designed specifically as an educational resource. The NEC provides programs in environmental science and sustainable agriculture and uses leading edge environmental management techniques and activities to provide high quality training to Advanced Diploma level in a number of areas like waste and water management, natural resource management, agriculture, bushland regeneration, outdoor recreation, permiculture, GIS and organic farming.
On this Film
Rob, who has taught practical sustainable farming courses for 25 years, presents an overview of the certified organic property at the NEC.
In this presentation Rob includes major areas of the farm system:
- Land Management and Usage
- What is grown and why the diversity
- How to measure and conserve the energy used in the system
- Making the most of water with
• leaky dams,
• the use of keyline and pattern ploughing,
• maintaining ground cover
• increasing carbon matter through cell grazing
- Marketing the produce and maximising returns
- Reducing stress through applying the organic principles of healthy soils, healthy plants, healthy animals.
- The importance of thinking outside the square.We’d like to thank Rob for his generosity in sharing his valuable and inspirational farm management expertise. Rob is dedicated to promoting NEC which is entirely self funding.
Also we ackowledge Holly Vyner and the BFA for allowing us to film Rob at the BFA Roadshow, Blampied, Victoria.