Natural Antibiotic Alternative #2 – Goldenseal
Goldenseal is a perennial herb, also called “orange root,” native to the eastern United States and southeastern Canada. It is listed as “one of the most effective of the herbal antimicrobial agents”.
Goldenseal contains “berberine,” which has “been shown to inhibit the adherence of bacteria to human cells, so they cannot infect the cells”
Goldenseal has been shown to:
- Destroy vaginal and bladder infections.
- Treat sinus infections, a common winter infection.
- It is also thought to be effective in treating strep throat, diarrhea, gum disease, and pneumonia.
Natural Antibiotic Alternative #3 – Licorice
The Licorice root is a super-powered natural antibiotic. It’s also antiviral, and delicious! It contains “glycyrrhizic acid,” which has been shown to:
- treat and soothe respiratory problems like bronchitis, usually in the form of cough drops and syrup, and also arthritis”.
- Licorice root is even being studied to measure its ability to treat “hepatitis, cirrhosis, herpes, and flu”
- But the most impressive attribute of licorice is that glycyrrhizic acid in licorice root is showing promise for treating the deadliest illnesses of our time: HIV-1 and SARS-related coronavirus.
- It is even used to treat conditions like eczema, asthma, and Lyme Disease.