What You Will Learn…
After watching these 7 lessons through a series of online videos, Elaine takes us through everything that you will ever need to know on how to use your microscope effectively.
Plus LIVE Calls (Value: $397): To fast track your learning and have support, for this special intake ‘Regen Ray” Milidoni will be hosting 7 weeks of live zoom calls to help us all learn together how to use a microscope on our farms and gardens.
Live Calls Start: July 5th at 9:30am AEST
(Syd Melb time) and run each week for 7 weeks.
See in your timezone
Don’t have a microscope? Don’t worry, while having a microscope will be more satisfying, we will show you how to borrow one or buy one with our prefered partner with a special deal that we have negotiated just for you.
With or without a microscope this course & live calls will be exciting and we all get to learn about living soils together.
LIVE Calls Deadline: In order to get all the access for the live classes you will need to join this program by midnight June 30th 2022 (Syd Time)
Who is this course is for:
- Food Growers
- Keen home gardeners
- Compost & Compost Tea makers
- Anyone who wants to see the life in soils
- If you want to discover more about how soil is mirrored in our gut biome
In fact this is for anyone who wants to evaluate their own soil biology using a microscope – an essential step to healthy soils.
Watch your soils come to life!
- Guide to selecting a Microscope
- How to set up microscope
- Parts and functions of a typical microscope
- Microscope best practice
- How to collect a soil sample
- How to look after your microscope
- Diluting & Preparing Slides
- How to Focus correctly on your Slide and which magnification to use
Lesson 3: Morphology of Bacteria
- True bacteria, Actinobacteria,
- Spirilla, Spirochetes,
- Anaerobic Bacteria as indicators
- Decomposer fungi,
- Mycorrhizal fungi,
- Diameters, Color
- Algae, Pollen, Parasites, Microarthropods
- Protozoa; Flagellates, Amoebae, Ciliates
- Nematodes; bacterial-feeding, fungal-feeding, predatory, root-feeding
- Identifying other materials such as cellulose, plant debris, thread, diatom shells, mineral particles.
- Distinguishing between other materials & organisms
- Sampling considerations,
- Determining diameters, lengths, numbers
A self correcting quiz that will test your skills
Dr Elaine Ingham
Dr Elaine Ingham is an energetic, easy-to-understand speaker who explains what life in the soil is all about. Behind this “user-friendly” approach lies a wealth of knowledge gained from years of intensive research into the organisms which make up the soil foodweb.
Live Calls with 'Regen Ray' Milidoni
‘Regen Ray’ is a soil lover and partnered with Farming Secrets to take their business into the next generation of online learning, launching the Soil Learning Centre during the pandemic. He now works with soil mentors from around the world to create educational programs all about soil. He has been teaching people about soils for years through his online classrooms, webinars and his podcast, Secrets of the Soil. On his podcast, he interviews experts in their field and talks about important topics all about the soil.