- A Quick history on Where does soil come from
- Beneficial Microbes are Essential – Nicole Masters
- The two carbon pathways – Dr. Christine Jones
- Holistic Management – Graeme Hand
- We are the cause of our problems
- Recovery and conditions we need to create and how we plan?
- A Practical Demonstration (Observation of ground cover)
BONUS: Biological Success on Sand using Nutrisoil & Compost Extract – Dianne Haggerty
Comments from attendees:
– Rewarding & informative.
– Too much to take in in 1 day
– Graeme Hand’s grazing management talk very useful, especially how long he suggests rest periods ie. 150 days
– Liquid carbon pathway through microbial bridge particularly interesting. Why aren’t we all doing it?
– Changed our pasture management since the day.
– Another “not to be missed” Open Day
– I have been studying the biological approach for the last 18 years and been implementing. Still picking up tips from your speakers
About: Christine Jones
Dr Christine Jones is an active participant and supporter of an Australian movement into a Soil Carbon Accreditation Scheme. With numerous journals and publications produced on regenerative land management techniques, Christine possesses ample knowledge in regards to the treatment and maintenance of Australia’s lush and vast environmental resources.
About: Nicole Masters
Nicole is passionate about putting control back into farmers’ hands in regards to nutrients and soil, crop and animal management. The outcomes from adopting a ‘soils first’ approach have positive repercussions for both human and environmental health. At the end of the day, farming is all about producing food. Nicole aims to support farmer learning; to ensure the food quality produced is the best in the world now and into the future.
About: Graeme Hand
Graeme was taught by Alan Savory and learnt much through observing and through his own experience on his farm and other people’s farms. Graeme invites you to join Stipa Native Grasses Association. Also Graeme is the president of Stipa Native Grasses Association and is available as a consultant.