This Walk the Talk whilst filmed on a daily farm is nevertheless a good discussion about compost, compost making use of waste material and finally what makes a good, functional soil. It is also a good overview of the steps the Whitings have taken which confirmed that composting was the way to go.
In this presentation you will see:
- Tom Walsh introduces the Future Ready Dairy Systems Project.
- The Purpose of the Day
- The History of the Whiting’s Farm
- The Farm System
Out on the farm:
- Tony Evans of Camperdown Compost gives a history of compost making on the Whiting’s farm
- How Tony makes the compost, tests and adjusts fat the needs of the soil
- What are the costings?
- Where‘s the proof?
- Relationship with the EPA including dead cows
- List of intangible benefits which occur as a result of applying compost
TALK THE WALK FOLLOW UP
Done watching the video?
Listen to the Follow up “Talk the Walk” Q&A Call Session
Hugo Disler interviews Tony Evans
“The Benefits of Making Compost on Farm”
Part 1: (Right-click this link to download audio/mp3)
Part 2: (Right-click this link to download audio/mp3)
Part 3: https://farmingsecrets.s3.amazonaws.com/talkS3/TalkS3V3_3.mp3
Bonus Talk the Walk: Helen Disler with Tony Evans
Bonus Part 1: (Right-click this link to download audio/mp3)
Bonus Part 2: (Right-click this link to download audio/mp3)
Bonus Part 3: (Right-click this link to download audio/mp3)