Rob Fenton is based at the National Environment Centre (N EC), a specialist campus of the Riverina Institute of TAFE, Albury where he is the head teacher of a diploma offered by the TAFE.
The NEC is a unique educational facility set on a l82 hectare organic farm which Rob has designed specifically as an educational resource. The NBC provides programs in environmental science and sustainable agriculture and uses leading edge environmental management techniques and activities to provide high quality training toAdvanced Diploma level in a number of areas like waste and water management, natural resource management. agriculture. Bushl and regeneration outdoor recreation, permiculture. GIS and organic farming.
Rob, who has taught practical sustainable farming courses for 25 years. presents an overview of the certified organic property at the NEC. In this presentation Rob includes major areas of the farm system:
- Land Management and Usage
- What is grown and why the diversity.
- How to manure and conserve the energy used in the system
- Making the most of water with
• the use of keyline and pattern ploughing.
• maintaining pound cover
• increasing carbon matter through cell grazing
- Marketing the produce and maximising returns
- Reducing stress through applying the organic principles of healthy soils, healthy plants, healthy animals.
- The importance of thinking outside the square.
TALK THE WALK FOLLOW UP
Done watching the video?
Listen to the Follow up “Talk the Walk” Q&A Call Session
Hugo Disler interviews Rob Fenton
“Planning for Profits in Uncertain Times”